Chrysler Senior Supplier Quality A - Interior Job in Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Interior Supplier Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing 3-4 Supplier Quality Engineers who oversee different supplier locations and parts to ensure high quality products are produced and transported to FCA's Assembly Plants. The Supervisor will provide on-site launch support to the team it supports at suppliers' facilities to ensure launch readiness as required, leading up to and including program launch. They will also be responsible for assisting and overseeing post launch continuous improvement activities and provide on-site support at FCA assembly plants as required. The supervisor will also be responsible for working cross functionally with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected. Typical parts may include any of the following: interior trim, cockpit, seats, HVAC, structures, and restraints.
Within our Supplier Quality Supervisory roles, we ask that all leaders play an active role in leading and developing a collective team of SQE's and overseeing several different processes. While managing the team of individuals, the supervisory role will also have direct involvement with the full life cycle of components from early development, sourcing, launch phase and into production. They will play a role in leading the directives and goals of the team they support and helping evaluate the talent within the organization.
Typical job responsibilities for an Interior Supplier Quality Supervisor may include any of the following:
- Perform supplier quality systems and process audits and lead Supplier Improvement/Development Programs
- Establish close relationships with assigned suppliers and actively drive continuous improvement activities
- Initiate and follow-up on corrective actions and verify effectiveness on-site
- Participation in launch teams, lead and coordinate APQP/PPAP deliverables for purchased components within the supplier quality group
- Lead and support supplier APQP and PPAP activities to ensure all deliverables are being fulfilled
- Work with Engineering and Supplier Organizations to alleviate discrepancies in product specifications and evaluate cost reduction opportunities
- Present program status to Management and Executive Leadership both within and outside of Supplier Quality
- Assist in educating suppliers on FCA systems and requirements
- Develop and manage group personnel
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university. A bachelor's degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical, Biomedical/Biomechanical/Bioengineering, Chemical, Materials, Metallurgical, or Mechatronics may also be considered
- 5 or more years of work experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing or a related field
- Ability to travel up to 40% within the NAFTA region
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite software
- Master's degree in Engineering or a Master's in Business Administration
- Green Belt or Black Belt skills (Red X/Shainin)
- Quality certification
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a ross-functional team
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis
- Prior experience managing a team of individuals
FCA US is proud to extend to its employees a compensation and benefits package that is designed to retain their talent and to motivate and reward job performance. Our present compensation program provides for competitive, market based salaries, and annual vacation and holiday time off. We make available a comprehensive health care benefits plan which, depending upon the employee’s role, includes medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage. We also offer a disability absence plan, group and optional life insurance program, savings plan, tuition assistance, and vehicle purchase and lease discounts for certain employees, and for their family and friends.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Note: Some of the benefits listed above may not apply to summer vacation replacement and temporary employees.
Job Number: 1028252
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Date Posted: 6-19-2017