Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Brief Posting Description
* Responsible for negotiating component part pricing.
* Develop long-term relationships with key suppliers such that both DENSO and the supplier achieve benefit from the relationship.
* Develop strategies to support negotiations and cost reduction activities to achieve optimal pricing. (Benchmark, VA/VE, Market Study, Supplier Proposal, etc.)
* Lead source projects and assure timely component kick-off for New Product Introductions.
* Must be able to manage multiple projects related to source, new supplier development, and risk management
* Resolve tactical issues as they arise (e.g. issues related to delivery, invoices, payment, etc.).
* Develop, implement, and track cost reduction plans.
* Manage supplier price accuracy.
* Negotiate with suppliers to support initiatives between the Manufacturing Plant and Design. (Negotiate to expedite the tooling, support risk activities.)
* Implement detailed supplier contracts to protect DENSO's interests.
* Work with the Purchasing teamto identify and improve job efficiencies.
* Prepare formal presentations for management review.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS(MUSTmeet minimum qualifications to be considered)
Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, MLM, ISM, Engineering Arts, Business or related field OR 8 years same experience OR Associates degree and 4 years same experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
BS or BA degree with previous fulltime or internship sourcing experience with either raw materials or production parts. Must be skilled in strategy development, project planning, and negotiations to meet company goals. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, duties, and tasks concurrently. Take charge attitude who can work with others inside and outside the company to achieve win-win solutions to complex problems. Able to collect, summarize, & analyze data related to supplier quotes and cost structures. Able to develop effective relationships across functional areas and multiple plant locations. Comfortable working in a fast paced environment. Travel up to 15%. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
The requirements listed are the minimum qualifications to post to the position. They are not intended to define the limits of the position once granted.
Integrated supply management degree or similar. Strong understanding of the manufacturing process especially in automotive HVAC production. Experience working with Japanese suppliers/company. Some background in functional / electronic parts.
Apply online or email resumes to:email@example.com.
How To Apply