Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Product Marketing Manager
Location: US-MI-Benton Harbor/St. Joseph
About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world's 100 most innovative companies byBusiness Weekmagazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates andFortunemagazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Global Product Manager opening to join the Marketing Organization in the KitchenAid Small Appliance Team.
Day to Day (what a typical day or week look like in this role)
If managing a robust product development pipeline and commercializing programs from the concept stage all the way to fruition fills you with a deep sense of satisfaction, you may be the person we need. This is your opportunity to step into a leadership role that will be demanding and have significant visibility. This position will put your marketing leadership experience and insight to work for one of our core category businesses.
What You Will Do
* Lead a cross functional core team to launch new products globally
* Develop a vision and strategy for the product platform(s) you lead within one of KitchenAid's core categories in order to ensure we continue to drive KitchenAid as the worldwide leader in home appliances.
* Develop and own 5 year global product plans with right innovation and product cadence aligned with brand architecture.
* Develop marketing messages and claims support to new product introductions
* Ensure consumer insights are leveraged to drive fact-based, consumer-driven decisions that support key brand positioning.
* Develop & present project business cases including pro forma financials, capital requirements, and other financial and non-financial decision metrics.
* Accomplish results through strong cross-functional (including Sales, Brand, Engineering and Technology, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing, Finance, Trade Partner Support, etc.) relationships and leadership guiding launch activities.
* Ensures project's adherence to the tollgate process.
* Deliver cost and quality targets for your platform(s). Coordinates activities with cost and quality leads to develop robust plans to hit and/or exceed targets.
* Manage and maintain competitive database, develop playbook for all key competitors
What You Need To Succeed
* Bachelor's in Marketing. MBA strongly preferred.
* Minimum 2 years of experience in developing and launching new products.
* Experience in developing and supporting consumer messaging
* Experience with various marketing research techniques and methodologies
* 2-3 years of relevant experience in related function outside of product development such as brand marketing, sales, project management, or merchandising preferred.
* Proven track record of delivering extraordinary results.
* Proven project management experience; excellent meeting organization and facilitation skills. PMO creation or management experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Proven thought leadership capabilities, creative thinking skills, ability to drive change.
* Durable goods or related consumer focused product development experience preferred.
* Experience with P&L management preferred.
* Past leadership experience including proven success managing and developing a team preferred.
* Strong consumer focus
* Ability to influence and align cross functional team members to achieve a higher business result, proven ability to influence and drive results within a matrix organization
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.