Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Microsoft Infrastructure Administrator
Part Time No
Position Type Direct Hire
Description Microsoft Infrastructure Administrator
or Sr. Microsoft Infrastructure Administrator
Reports to: Supervisor
Department: Technical Management
Business Unit/Office: SFPBS/IT
Career Level: TC2,3 (Admin)
TC4 (Sr. Admin)
The information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the job.
Implements, and administers Microsoft Infrastructure Technologies such as Active Directory to achieve IT goals and objectives. Responsible for customer service resolution for all system related issues within their span of control.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Administrative Responsibilities
• Operation and delivery of distributed services to agreed service levels.
• Administration and maintenance of distributed services including hardware and software.
• Categorization, interpretation, recording, response, and management of events, warnings and alarms.
• Creation and maintenance of documentation, such as policy, procedures, and work instructions
• Provide first, second, and third level support as appropriate.
• System Daily Review including performance, capacity planning, and preventative maintenance.
• Monitors, control and management of system security levels in accordance with Access Management and Security Management policies and procedures.
• Work with customers to ensure desired services meet agreed upon requirements.
• Follow established IT department procedures, such as change control and release management.
Microsoft Infrastructure Administrator Responsibilities
• Support and maintain VMWare virtual server environment.
• Administer and support Active Directory, DNS & Microsoft Exchange replication.
• Manage Exchange 2010 Organization
• Support MIIS Identity Management System.
• Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment.
• Support Servers running IIS.
Unique to Senior Microsoft Infrastructure Administrator
• Plan and budget for future technical requirements. Participate in development of technical roadmap.
• Design, deliver, and operation of distributed services to agreed service levels.
• Design and support implementation of alternate, redundant or recovery processes.
• Train and mentor less experienced system administrators on all responsibilities, procedures and processes as required
Due to the nature of this position, administrators have access rights to systems which may house user information and sensitive information. Administrators having these rights understands they may only log into these system with unique identifiable credentials so all activity will be logged and monitored. Administrators may not access any user data files without concurrence of the user.
Degree Requirements: Bachelors Degree required.
Certification Requirements: One or more field certification specialization preferred (e.g. Citrix Certified Administrator)
Previous Experience: Experience with networks, computers, operating systems, etc.:
• TC2-3: 5 10 years
• TC4: 10 or more years
Travel Requirements: Periodic travel throughout Canada, Mexico, and the United States of America
On Call Requirements: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Physical Requirements: Office position – primarily sedentary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disability to perform the essential functions.
Verbal and written communication skills
computer operations, TCP/IP, Networking fundamentals, Hardware, Multiple Operating Systems, IIS (Internet Information Server)
Proficiency with Windows group policies
Scripting skills and knowledge of Windows Powershell.
Functional Competencies: ITIL, Change Management, Problem Management, Release Management, Incident Management, Trouble Shooting Unique to Sr. Systems Administrator
Ability to create strategic roadmaps and align with the company’s budget.
Ability to design and implement Microsoft Infrastructure Technologies such as Active Directory, IIS, and Exchange.
Incorporate new technology to streamline operations
Functional Competencies: ITIL, IT Project Management, IT Strategies, Business Systems Alignment with IT strategies
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for company sponsorship for employment visa status
Send This Job to a Friend