Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Engineer, Vehicle Interiors
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications
Professional position utilizing engineering education and experience to design and release body interior mechanisms.
* The engineer will be responsible for all phases of engineering from design concept to production release.
* The engineer will work with Design Studio and CAD designers to develop 3D CAD models which meet appearance and functional requirements.
* Will utilize design tools such as CAE and Dimensional Tolerance, to develop efficient designs which meet customer expectations.
* Will ensure designs meet tooling and manufacturing feasibility.
* Will validate designs through the Ford DV process, resolving all issues in a timely manner.
* Will provide design support /issue resolution of all launch issues associated with interior mechanisms.
The Minimum Requirements for the Interior Mechanisms and Registers Engineer are:
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering; degree concentration in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
* Minimum one to five years of experience designing and developing interior mechanisms for vehicular uses.
* Excellent communication, team building, and leadership skills
The Preferred Skills/Experience for the Interior Mechanisms and Registers Engineer are:
* Masters in Engineering
* Mechanisms manufacturing experience
* Catia v5 knowledge
* Comprehensive knowledge of attribute targets, package and tooling feasibility, material analysis, Design Rules, SDS
* Working knowledge of interior mechanisms, registers and surrounding subsystem CAE and CFD
* Comprehensive knowledge of mechanism validation process and pass/fail criteria including cycle and material testing
* Understanding of GPDS and related deliverables
* Clear understanding of Design and Release steps/process for in-house engineered air registers.
* Strong understanding and delivery of attribute/functional targets, air flow, efforts, retention, S&R, leakage, craftsmanship, ergonomics, NVH, Surface Development, Safety, durability and cost.
* Thorough understanding of component verification, processing, tuning, testing, DVPR, and SCAFF
* Demonstrated capability of working with designers for in-house designed interior mechanisms
* Extensive knowledge of interior mechanism cost drivers
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Apply to job  Save to cart View similar jobs