Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
National Account Manager
Location: ADI - Detroit/Dearborn, MI
Job Code: 3266
# of openings: 1
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing and growing an assigned group of strategic national accounts focused on the functional area. Develops profitable top line growth; drives sales strategies and shapes marketing and business strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Directly develop and grow the commercial relationships of the assigned leading Petroleum Refining, Chemical, and Pharmaceutical customers: (Approximately 20 companies with current Airgas base sales of $25 MM/year.)
* Work through the Airgas regional companies and Business Units to execute the delivery of the market segment value proposition to key customers, and achieve the implementation revenue targets of the signing award.
* Support the SAMs within the assigned regional companies to develop and grow the core and X-BU customer base of this market segment.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Executive sales professional, effective and capable in situations ranging from the corporate office to the production floor
* Solid track record of demonstrated performance and organizational support
* Strong influence and teamwork skills to deliver execution of commitments made to customers on behalf of all of the business units of Airgas, Inc.
* Exceptional ability to negotiate and close significant contracts
* Ability to articulate all of the aspects of the Airgas value proposition in a manner tailored to the specific needs of the customer
* Innovation Management: Brings the creative ideas of Airgas to the customers.
* Collaboration: Promotes collaboration, coordination, and teamwork across organizational boundaries
* Influencing Skills: Ensures collaboration, can manage through organizational tension, sustains results and relationships and delegates tasks effectively
* Project Management: Displays a strong personal commitment to successfully managing and completing all aspects of the implementation.
* Drive for Results: Bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
* Knowledge of Airgas products and services
* Business Acumen: Knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting both customer and Airgas; knows the competition.
* Organizational Agility: Achieve results through formal channels and the informal network.
* Managing Through Systems: Ability to design practices, processes and procedures which allow managing from a distance; can impact people and results remotely.
* Effective Communicator: Ensures a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening. Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation.
* Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; can attend to a broader range of activities; handles multiple demands and competing priorities effectively.
* Financial Acumen: Establishes and maintains rigorous budgets and business plans; uses financial information effectively to manage.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: BS or higher desired. 7-9 years of professional sales experience with demonstrated superior performance within the market segment of interest.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
* Willing and able to drive (or have access to transportation), fly, and spend evenings away from home, including international travel
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.