Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Power Electronics Engineer, Hybrid Vehicle Team
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications Position Duties:
* Power electronic system design, analysis, and characterization.
* Digital/analog circuit design, failure mode analysis, and debugging Microprocessor / DSP hardware / software.
* Power semiconductor device physics, packaging, and manufacturing.
* Electromagnetic field analysis and characterization.
* Electronics reliability, focused on detailed understanding of physical mechanisms for failure.
* Electronics topology and system design.Minimum Requirements:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering and 5 years or more documented professional experience in Electrical Engineering with a specialty in power electronics, power semiconductors, power module packaging, and/or electromagnetic study- OR -a Master of Science degree or higher in Engineering and 2 years of professional experience in Electrical Engineering with a specialty in power electronics, power semiconductors, power module packaging, and/or electromagnetic study.
* Strong understanding of power electronics fundamentals
* Familiar with electromagnetic field analysis using full-wave simulation tools
* Familiar with electromagnetic field measurement chambers and equipment
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills
* Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
* Proficient computer skills
* Hands-on experience designing, manufacturing, developing or testing power electronic systems
* Prior experience in vehicle electrification is a strong plusAt Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job.
Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Apply to job  Save to cart View similar jobs