Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title Stamping Maintenance Engineer - Mechanical
Company Ford Motor Company
Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
* Join a small centralized team to support the improvement of the maintenance operating systems in the SBU stamping plants.
* Establish and maintain master schedules for inspections with technical assistance and plant labor coordination.
* Implement the use of predictive maintenance.
* Perform equipment inspections, identify issues, log issues in Maximo, and see that all corrective actions are completed per established plan.
* Fully utilize the SBU Maximo maintenance system for tracking the performance of maintenance activities.
* Identify, procure, and maintain the shared spares inventory based on actual data from failures or history.
* Support critical maintenance, refurbishments, and emergency repairs.
* Assist in troubleshooting breakdowns.
* Provide and coordinate technical support after normal business hours (occasionally).
* Coordinate expediting repair process and parts delivery.
* Provide analysis of failures and interpret test results, and complete 8D reports.
* Coordinate testing of materials at Labs, interpret metallurgical issues and changes.
* Maintain close contact with each plant for reoccurring and common issues.
* Provide on-site support during major releases at the plants.
* Prepare reports for management review of maintenance operating system metrics, major issues and 8D's.
* Continue networking relationship with GM and Chrysler for sharing parts and experiences.
* Write technical specifications for improvements and repairs coordinated with SBU Engineering activities.
* Maintain project budgets and use PCAM & PFR.
* Maintain records for SBU.
* Perform press inspections on an annual basis, complete crawl through of press with documented findings and corrective actions loaded into Maximo.
* Bachelors degree
* Able to travel domestically
* Experience with using Energy Control Power Lockout (ECPL) procedures.
* Working knowledge of stamping presses, press automation, and stamping operations.
* Press construction: welding, machining, understanding drive-train parts and interaction.
* Understanding of draw die cushion operation.
* Understanding of Clutch/Brake operations & Refurbishments:
* Dynamatic Eddy Current Clutch/Brake
* Air Friction
* Ortlinghaus Hydraulic
* Fluent in reading schematics: mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic.
* Strong understanding of repair methods:
* welding, heat treatments,plant vs. repair shop machining, manufacture of weldments vs. castings,
* industrial safety, pre-task analysis, and basic rigging and machine repair practices
* Safety and Electrical standards applicable to presses (OSHA 1910.217 and ANSI B11.1, EN, etc...)
* Material properties and application.
* Proficient in Microsoft project and office for reports exposed to executive levels.
* FORD systems preferred: MEARS, CPARS, PCAM, PFR.
* Experience with Suppliers Desired:
* Enprotech / Danly / Verson
* Gudel, ABB, Fanuc, Utica
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States . Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Apply to job  Save to cart View similar jobs