Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Associate Software Test Engineer-INF0003612
A technical expert, who is a self-starter with an innate aptitude for technology. A resilient confident technical professional/leader, who feels comfortable working in a larger team of professionals and has a lot of pride in their personal effectiveness and contributions. A person with a can do attitude and believes that they can solve any problem given the time and resources.
- A critical thinker with a specific approach to problem solving. Views problems" as parts of an overall system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcomes or events and potentially contributing to further development of unintended consequences.
- Is comfortable dealing with complexity and defining work-processes, optimization methods and tools to manage risks in such complex projects.
- Is comfortable with the continuing evolution of systems engineering discipline and the development and identification of new methods and modeling techniques.
- A meticulous professional who can break complex problems down and is able to scope, plan and execute solutions to these complex real world problems.
- Able to take highly technical discussions to the appropriate level to foster proper understanding to drive decisions and forward progress
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience in telematics and/or infotainment will be a big plus
- Must be a curious fast learner.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (technical discipline preferred), or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years in the business environment
- Must be intimately familiar with modeling and analysis methodologies like USL, UML, DFD, IDEF0, V-Model & QFD.
- Must be equally conversant with both hardware and software sub-systems.
- A strong background in hands-on computerized system development including coding experience in a language like Java and exposure automation of operational functions is strongly desired.
- Should be comfortable doing hands on work including installing operating systems and necessary JEE stack components.
- Ability to create system level diagrams and the necessary documentation when required.
- Must be extremely comfortable defining or reviewing class diagrams, sequence diagrams and object oriented methodologies
- Experience with computerized high availability technologies that include cloud computing, load balancing, clustering, NOSQL, SAN, NAS, massively horizontally scalable architectures is desired.
- The successful candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of inter-networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, firewalls, Local and Wide Area Networks.
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols and technologies like FTP, SFTP, Telnet, JDBC/ODBC, C++/C/C#, JEE, Object pooling etc. will be a requirement.
- Successful candidate should demonstrate strong written/verbal communications, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills including willingness and ability to document and share information with team members.
- Experience in virtual and cloud based technologies that VMWare, Xen, VirtualBox, Amazon EC2 and Azure is desired.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable walking the stack and heap of a core dump to diagnose runtime behaviors of popular platforms like JEE and .Net.
- Travel requirements may include occasional global and local travel
Posting Date: Feb 28, 2013, 2:17:49 PM - Ongoing