Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Data Warehouse Engineer
Employment Type:Full Time
Employment Area:Information Technology
Are you someone who strives to make a difference?If so, Quicken Loans may be the perfect place for you.
The Data Warehouse Engineer (DWE) is responsible for the full life cycle of back-end development of the data warehouse. Responsibilities include the development of ETL processes, dimensional design of the table structure, cube development for performance, and database administration. The DWE will work closely with the Business Analyst to work through business requirements and develop processes necessary to provide visibility into the data via the centralized data warehouse and reporting platform. The DWE will also work closely with the front-end developers to ensure data that is being brought in and managed is clean, accurate, available, and complete. The DWE will help to ensure the data warehouse processes are running optimally.
If you are a high-level performer who makes a difference in all that you do, explore a career as a Data Warehouse Engineer.
- Design and support the database and table schemas for new and evolving sources of data being brought into the data warehouse
- Create and support the ETL to facilitate bringing data into the data warehouse using SSIS
- Create and support the Analysis Services 2008 cubes to help with query performance
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance issues on the data warehouse servers
- Follow the design principles and best practices defined by the team for data warehousing techniques and architecture
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years' experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 T-SQL Coding
- 1+ years' experience with SQL Server 2005/2008 Database Administration
- 1+ years' experience with SQL Server Integration Services (or similar ETL tool)
- 1+ years' experience with SQL Server Analysis Services
- 1+ years' programming experience (i.e. VBScript, .Net)
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and other data warehousing techniques
- Strong performance tuning skills
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues
- Strong communication skills
Who We Are:
- America's #1 online mortgage lender
- One of the largest full-service residential mortgage lenders in the USA
- More than 27 years of experience in the industry
- One ofFORTUNEmagazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" - ten years running!
- One ofComputerworldmagazine's "Top Places to Work in IT" - eight years running!
- "Michigan's Cool Places to Work" -Crain's Detroit Business
Why We Are Different:
Meet the anti-corporate culture ofQuicken Loanswhere there's no daunting hierarchy, "boss" is a four-letter word, and if you work hard you're the one who will reap the rewards; rewards that are both personal and professional. More than any other place you'll work, we're dedicated to honing your skills, helping you grow and making sure you have plenty of fun while you're at it.
Quicken Loans is an equal opportunity employer.