Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Supervisor in Detroit, Michigan
Plan, coordinate, and supervise all administrative, operational and employee functions within assigned corporate functional area (e.g. Customer Service, Member Service, Claims, Membership and Billing, Enrollment, Training) to achieve unit/department goals, increase operational efficiencies and reduce cost.
- Supervise, coordinate, direct and monitor staff activities to ensure prompt, courteous and accurate response to customers; ensure an efficient operation through effective planning and organizing.
- Prioritize and assign work to employees; initiate corrective measures to resolve problems including scheduling, work volume and quality.
- Select, train, develop, appraise and counsel support staff personnel. Interface with various levels of internal and external personnel to provide solutions to meet operational standards, solve related business problems and maintain effective partnerships.
- Monitor, analyze and report related departmental processes and metrics.
- Administer and adhere to Corporate and Departmental policies, practices and procedures, including union contract administration.
- Identify opportunities for workflow, system and other process improvements.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional
- publications and benchmarking best practices.
Position will be in Ann Arbor until Summer of 2017 and will then move to Southfield.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required.
- Three (3) years supervisory or lead experience including two (2) years in a related production, operations area, or call center required.
- Experience with bargaining unit preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of assigned department/unit including all applicable policies, procedures and processes preferred.
- Strong organizational, planning, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to complete complex analysis and to identify and initiate process improvement opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with internal and external customers and alllevels of the organization.
- Highly developed listening and coaching skills
Supervise departmental employees as assigned. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees planning, assigning and directing work appraising performance rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervisory duties include having outside vendors and/or contractors reporting to this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other grounds, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Primary Location: Ann Arbor
Organization: Customer Service-8502
Req ID: CUS0009K