Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Transaction Advisory Services Senior Manager - Transaction Tax - M&A - Detroit
Ernst & Young's Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice offers clients professional Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) advisory services. Within TAS, the Transaction Tax services practice helps our clients plan, execute and integrate their transaction strategies from a tax perspective both domestically and across global markets. Our Transaction Tax services include deal structuring, due diligence, post-deal integration, tax attribute management, and opinions and ruling requests. Our Transaction Tax team is comprised of seasoned professionals with practical transaction experience from international accounting firms, law firms, industry and the government.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior Manager in the Transaction Tax practice. The position is based in the U.S.; however there is opportunity for global assignments for those with interest.
Lead and manage multiple and challenging M&A tax engagements, participating in due diligence projects related to the acquisitions by private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers.
Demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations. Develop and deliver quality tax planning approaches with timely and responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations.
Thoroughly and accurately analyze information. Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions. Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans. Make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas.
Participate in engagement teams that may consist of attorneys, Chief Financial Officers, corporate directors, accountants and tax professionals.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* a bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
* an accounting major preferred; or a master's degree in accounting, MST or JD/LLM preferred
* certification as a CPA, Enrolled Agent or Attorney required
* a minimum of 7 years of relevant tax experience (M&A tax due diligence, deal structuring, and post acquisition planning experience preferred)
* strong communication, presentation, project management, and business development skills
* strong writing, research and analytical skills
* strong self-motivation with the ability to work in a dynamic, time-sensitive environment with varying deliverables and changing requirements
The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel, when necessary.