Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Engineer specializing in Electrical, Automation & Manufacturing Execution Systems (E&A/MES) responsible for supporting the implementation of E&A / MES solutions in Fremont, MI for the new plant expansion according to corporate standards and specifications. This position will provide the factory with the required competence on Factory Automation System (FAS), Process Control System (PCS) and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) to effectively deploy a state-of-the-art MES system, supporting future manufacturing of Baby Foods. The MES/Automation engineering is a cross-functional discipline that requires proportional knowledge in hardware and software and understanding of process operations for the development of the system.
General Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
· Develop and implement project descriptions (URS), project concepts, plans, timelines, resources requirements, costs and other associated project details
· Act as an engineering resource to project engineers and/or consultants for issues that arise during project development and execution
· Support the implementation as per Nestlé Good Hygienic Engineering principles, installation, start-up and handover at pre-determined guaranteed performance.
· Propose and implement work processes, procedures in accordance with the Engineering Policy, Key Principles and the Manufacturing Execution System and Electricity & Automation standards (E&A-MES)
· Ensure that there exists within the Automation and MES team an attitude of absolute intolerance for unsafe situations, all team members are encouraged never to implement any change, whether directly instructed to, or under his/her own initiative, without first questioning its impact in relation to product safety/quality, people safety and the environment. No compromises should be tolerated.
· Participate in corporate initiatives and training related to MES and Automation systems
MES & Automation Specific Responsibilities include but is not limited to:
· Develop, Implement, renew and maintain in collaboration with the Corporate team(s) standards/strategies for the New Factory Expansion (Project Columbia):
a) Development of Basic Engineering Design for Manufacturing Execution Systems and Automation
b) Detailed specifications and creation of URS document for Process Control (HMI, PLC, Network) and MES in collaboration with Key users and stakeholders
· Coordinate and Implement the MES system and support the Automation of lines working with System Integrators, technicians, contractors etc. to ensure the E&A - MES objectives are satisfied.
· Ensure outside consultants provide work that meets Nestle Standards. Support OEMS/Integrators for Design and Commissioning activities
· Assure System Reliability with Testing in a Pre-Production environment to ensure Production Continuity at all time.
· Ensure that new installations are designed with a high degree of flexibility to better enable the operations to adjust to a changing environment keeping in mind the issue of product and people safety.
· Provide operational MES/Automation technical assistance as required and maintain plant technology know-how.
· Ensure that all Plant personnel that will interact with the MES/Automation systems are correctly trained and to assure proper operation and compliance with local regulations.
· Develop Training material for Management and Hourly Staff on the MES and Automation Systems
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
Desirable: Strong programming Skills and participation in large automation and/or MES projects, Strong Manufacturing Knowledge and previous experience in large MES and Automation projects
Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in Food / Dairy, Electrical engineering.
· 8 years of experience in the areas of MES & Automation (preferable in the food industry)
· Proven experience in process control solutions
· Knowledgeable in process Control and Integration projects, specialized in MES systems ( Wonderware and Allendradley PLCs preferred)
· Good programming skills, Visual Basic, C++, DNet, SQL, etc.
· Experience in Industrial Networks and Industrial IT
Good organizational/administrative skills.
Good project management skill (preferred in pharmaceutical or food industry)
Competent design knowledge.
Ability to work flexible hours and under pressure
Strong communication and presentation skills
High proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Autocad and MS Project and Software development tools.
Established Competences in:
o Allen Bradley PLC logic controllers.
o Manufacturing Execution Systems.
o Process qualification, validation in the pharmaceutical or food industry IQ, OQ, PQ.
o FDA & GMP/GAMP regulation.
o Process automation, PLC & SCADA systems
o Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, Profibus, and other industrial communications
o Wondersware Archestra and InSQL
o Industrial IT
Nestlé is an ‘Equal Opportunity Employer’ and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Category: Nestle Nutrition