Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Gerber Life Insurance Company is hiring! We have been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
*Paid Time Off
*Bonus Program with 7% eligibility
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Evaluate claim information and decide appropriate course of action to properly assess, clarify, and appraise the claim in compliance with policy provisions, claim procedures, legal requirements and professional ethics.
Includes but not limited to: Review, analyze, investigate, and authorize payment of life insurance claims within authority guidelines; Evaluate claim information and decide appropriate course of action to properly assess, clarify, and appraise the claim in compliance with policy provisions, claim procedures, legal requirements and professional ethics; Provide guidance regarding general claim policy, as well as specific claims problems involving the validity of claim, interpretation of policy contracts and terminology; Control work procedures and may coordinate claim work within the department; Facilitate resolution of complaints, concerns and disputes received from claimants, attorneys and State Insurance Departments; May coordinate claims quality control, audits, and training. Identify trends, efficiency and improvement opportunities; Assist in project and new product development as assigned by management; May communicate directly with policyholders, beneficiaries, hospitals, doctors, attorneys, state insurance departments, and other internal and external areas. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skills, tact, persuasion and negotiation to reach resolution; May be required to complete additional training/educational courses toward the attainment of designations such as ALHC/FLHC, and ACS.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience
• FLMI, FLHC or other relevant professional accreditation
• 5 plus years of relevant experience in life claims processing
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of medical conditions and terminology
• Experience working with Legal towards resolution of legal proceedings
• Knowledge of Life/Health Claims as well as Underwriting requirements
• Knowledge of internal and external audit processes
• Knowledge of State/Federal laws and compliance regulations pertaining to Life Insurance.
• Knowledge of insurance industry practices, procedures and principles.
• Ability to deal effectively with external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
• Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to prepare formal and informal correspondence; as well as provide clearly articulate reasons for initiatives, guidance for internal/external customers, instructions, etc.
• High level of competence with organization, prioritization and multi-tasking environment
• Excellent judgment with proven ability to accurately investigating, analyzing, summarize detailed information in order to solve complex issues.
• Ability to work independently and foster a team environment focused on quality and customer service
• Ability to assess department workload, provide general direction and guidance to others in order to mentor, motivate and develop staff as a successful team.
• Proven ability to lead/participate on projects
• Self-directed and highly motivated with the flexibility necessary to operate in a fast growing and fast paced environment
• Ability to stand, walk and/or sit continuously to perform essential functions for an eight-plus hour shift.
• Advanced level of PC skills
Category: Nestle Nutrition