Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business GE Aviation
Business Segment Aviation
About Us GE is working for a better future.GE has continually shaped our world with groundbreaking innovations for over 130 years and continues working for a better future and continues planning for tomorrow. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Are you ready?
Posted Position Title Engineering Support 7
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Michigan
City Grand Rapids
Postal Code 49512-1934
Relocation Expenses No
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The candidate will be working, with as well as an aid to a group of Avionics Systems and Software Engineers and to Project and Sub-Section Managers in a product development environment. You will assist engineering in the performance of their duties.
Essential Responsibilities In addition, you will:
* Assist engineering in procedural, support, organization, and coordination of project execution activities
* Use computer applications (Microsoft Office) to generate, automate, organize, and maintain project metrics
* Assist engineering to create presentations and reports
* Organize and package engineering material for review
* Assist engineering in other related tasks throughout the project lifecycle
* Use Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) and Dimensions as sources of engineering data
* Associate's Degree from an accredited College or University (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of Technical Support experience or specialized training)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of technical support experience or related specialized training)
* Experience using DOORs and Dimensions
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Energetic, eager, and willing to work, learn and contribute to the success of Avionics projects of all sizes
* Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
* Creative and self-starter
* Ability to accurately follow directions (both verbal and written) and produce accurate and quality work the first time
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
GE Aviation is a world-leading producer of commercial jet engines and components as well as integrated digital, electric power, and mechanical systems for aircraft. GE Aviation also has a global service network to support these offerings. Technological excellence, supported by continuing substantial investments in research and development, has been the foundation of GE Aviation's growth and helps to ensure quality products for customers.Learn more about GE Aviation today!
GE Aviation's Systems business is pushing the boundaries of aviation with pioneering digital solutions in vehicle health management that enhance operations efficiency. Building on the knowledge gained from nearly a century of aircraft engine manufacturing, we're using fresh, creative thinking to create total system optimization. Our dedication to the industry is being demonstrated by our mission to find innovative ways to make aviation more efficient and environmentally responsible.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections