Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Business GE Aviation
Business Segment Aviation
About Us GE looks for innovation everywhere.For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
Posted Position Title Flight Management System Military Sales Manager
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Sales Management
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces Michigan
City Grand Rapids
Postal Code 49512-1934
Relocation Expenses No
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Flight Management System (FMS) Military Sales Manager will develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals. In this role, you will be responsible for work that is less defined in scope, utilize your understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and have the ability to affect short-term and some long-term business goals.
Essential Responsibilities In addition, you will:
* Provide leadership for sales to assigned customers through the formulation and execution for strategies and plans that capitalize on the customer’s strengths as supplemented by GE’s products and services
* Build customer relationships with the assigned customer for sales
* Support the assigned customer in sales activities and provide assistance to the customer in identifying new opportunities
* Coordinate activities and provide leadership to establish individual sales strategies obtaining appropriate approvals for pricing, and delivery
* Negotiate contracts as required
* Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, product needs, and customer base
* Work with Marketing to develop project specific sales strategies for assigned customers
* Make recommendations for continued growth
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University (or a High School Diploma / GED and a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Sales, Support, or Marketing Field)
* Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Sales, Customer & Product Support or Services
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of FMS product operations
* Knowledge of commercial and military air transport markets
* Certified pilot license is a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* In-depth knowledge of applications for product lines and markets
* Integrative team working style
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
GE Aviation is a world-leading producer of commercial jet engines and components as well as integrated digital, electric power, and mechanical systems for aircraft. GE Aviation also has a global service network to support these offerings. Technological excellence, supported by continuing substantial investments in research and development, has been the foundation of GE Aviation's growth and helps to ensure quality products for customers.Learn more about GE Aviation today!
GE Aviation's Systems business is pushing the boundaries of aviation with pioneering digital solutions in vehicle health management that enhance operations efficiency. Building on the knowledge gained from nearly a century of aircraft engine manufacturing, we're using fresh, creative thinking to create total system optimization. Our dedication to the industry is being demonstrated by our mission to find innovative ways to make aviation more efficient and environmentally responsible.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections