Watco Companies L.L.C. Commercial Manager GDLK in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan (US-MI) 49007
Watco, at its core, is an entrepreneurial company focused wholeheartedly on providing safe, timely and efficient services for our Customers. These services are a product of listening to our Customers’ needs, understanding expectations then developing solutions that are delivered in a safe and profitable way. Successful Watco team members develop strong relationships with our Customers and strive to understand all aspects of their business in an effort to provide the most creative transportation solutions possible. Watco knows that our Customers will take us to our next endeavor, possibly moving us into new areas of expertise and service offerings. At Watco, it is not about what we do today, but about what more we can do for our Customer to help create mutual value for the long term.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strengthen relationships, grow organic revenue and profitability, and expand Watco’s position in Customer’s supply chain by cross-marketing all lines of business.
- Understand a Customer’s business better than all other competitors; become that trusted advisor of the Customer.
- Become an expert for Watco’s portfolio of services, building an in-depth working knowledge of the current contracts/agreements and Watco capabilities, and developing the long-term plan for growth.
- Identify market trends and establish creative strategies to grow business with both existing and new Customers.
- Insure effective communication with all team members between Customers and Watco; prepare and present dynamic presentations.
- Work hand in hand with all facets of Watco’s commercial, operating, financial, and support services teams guided by Watco’s Customer First Foundation Principle
- Integrate the full marketing plan, in coordination with Operations, into a service offering that meets the needs of the Customer.
- Contribute to profit center decision making and analysis, financial planning, service design, and strategic and economic development.
- Strive to spend the majority of the time in front of and engaging Customers.
- This position will be operation in the Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids area.
- An effective communicator, with the ability to actively listen and build relationships.
- Organized and uses available resources, to prioritize and lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Flexible and able to adapt to improving technologies and changing markets.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited oversight.
- Entrepreneurial and financially-savvy, with strong analytical skills.
- A creative thinker and collaborative team member.
- A strategic thinker and quick problem solver.