Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist - CC PC1 - Kalamazoo, MI
If you wish to apply for this position today, click on the 'Apply' button on the bottom of the page. Not ready to apply today but still interested? No problem. Simplyclick hereto opt-in and receive periodic job-related news, highlighted job opportunities and industry updates from AZ.
Country United States
Location Michigan (Kalamazoo)
External Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
- Function independently with a high degree of sales proficiency.
- Develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals while managing a budget using good judgment.
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business in order to best determine how to accomplish sales objectives.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to assigned sales territory.
- Work with Regional Sales Director and District Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in territory.
- Capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plan.
- Use a wide variety of promotional resources, analytical tools, and resource personnel to maximize effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- Provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with other Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
- Provide timely and competent administrative management of work hours, sales call data, customer objectives, communication responses, synchronization, sample and expense reporting.
- Work within a framework of AstraZeneca's Leadership Capabilities.
-Bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited college or university is required.
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical selling are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills
- Leadership, self--motivation and initiative
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and computer skills are essential
- A valid driver's license and safe driving record