Cosma International MES Programmer in Lansing, Michigan
This position is for DexSys, a division of Magna Exteriors.
Magna Exteriors, an operating group of Magna International Inc., is a full-service global supplier of automotive exterior systems. We design, engineer and manufacture bumper fascia systems; exterior trim; modular systems; class A body panels; structural components; and under hood and underbody components for automotive, commercial truck, consumer, and industrial markets.
DexSys will be providing plastic injected, molded facias to the automotive industry.
General Job Duties:
- To exhibit teamwork skills and actively participate in team activities in a positive working environment.
- To demonstrate problem solving skills in a work environment that is striving for continuous improvement.
- To follow Company policies and display conduct expected of DexSys employees as described in the employee handbook.
- Adhere to all safety and health objectives, policies and procedures of DexSys to provide for a safe and healthful workplace. Work in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor in order that the situation can be corrected. Report all accidents and near misses in a timely manner when they occur.
- Support all manufacturing systems related to manufacturing execution system, data collection systems, and administrative applications, and other DexSys applications.
- Coordinate design and development efforts related to new system projects and support the implementation and ongoing improvement of these applications.
- Support DexSys users with application questions.
- Ensure the reliability and accuracy of all systems implemented at DexSys.
- Work with the Network Administrators to deploy a robust architecture that will facilitate growth of new applications being developed and deployed.
- Maintain databases on MS SQL servers and verify the integrity of backups and restores. Perform regular database administration and maintain security for database and applications.
- Manage multiple projects and deliver expected results in a timely fashion.
- Work with other departments in analyzing, designing and programming custom solutions.
Knowledge and Education
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in a technical field of study required. Two years work related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree. Work experience combined with current schooling towards degree will be considered.
- Experience with MS SQL database design and administration
- Experience with IP networks, bar code printers and readers
- Exceptional organizational, communication and people management skills.
Group: Magna Exteriors
Division: DexSys (Delta Exterior Systems)
Job Type: Regular