Kelly Services Learning Developer - Midland, MI in Midland, Michigan
Are you seeking a more challenging, fulfilling new role?
Do you have experience in Human Resources and have a knack for attention to detail?
Are you passionate about learning?
If so, Kelly Services has JUST the role for YOU!
Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a Learning Developer opportunity with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company in Midland, MI!
This is an entry-level role into the Learning Organization designed to develop people with passion, intent and learning capabilities to grow into a Learning & Development Specialist. Role will provide the training and on-the-job experiences to demonstrate proficiency as a Learning & Development Specialist, which is an expertise role. Qualified candidates in this developmental role will be provided guidance, opportunity and given tasks and projects in alignment with developing proficiency in all facets of the L&D Specialist. Role is designed to accept entry with a wide range of incoming competencies depending on the urgency to fill organizational needs and client demands.
Bachelor’s degree in business, education, human resources, organizational communication, or related field. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
• Strong ability to build rapport with team members, SMEs, and clients
• Effective written and verbal communication with team members, leadership and clients
• Strong time management and organizational skills to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities; Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines.
• Ability to facilitate consensus from multiple SME's with differing opinions
• Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
• Work effectively both independently and within a team
• Excellent capability & desire to learn new things, especially focused on adult learning
• Strong orientation to Customer Service
• Proficiency in at least a few of the Specific tasks/responsibilities of the role
• Strong project management skills
• Strong feedback and negotiation skills
• Ability to independently research issues and make effective recommendations using critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency in Storyline, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
• A strong knowledge of instructional design methodologies and tools including design documents and scripts/storyboards.
• A strong ability to determine and develop distinct learning solutions for a target audience and specific objective. This would include ELearning, ILT, and self-paced.
• Experience with our Learning Management System, able to run reports, complete entry transactions, and analyze information within.
• Proficiency in SharePoint
• Proficiency in most of the Specific tasks/responsibilities of the role
Some of the specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Instructional System Design
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
• Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
• State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
• Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
• Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games ETC.)
• Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
Learning Content Development
• Write clear terminal and enabling objectives
• Develop skill checks that ensure the learner’s proficiency
• Researches and develops e-learning courses
• Scripts, edits and publishes videos for online training and other projects
• Collects and analyzes survey results on training to determine effectiveness and receptivity
• Responsible for weekly status updates on all facets of their activities
Item writing analysis
• Interview subject matter experts to identify key information
• Write/edit learning objectives/modules with SMEs
• Effectively manage multiple projects with Client
• Analysis of learner’s feedback data and meetings with SMEs to make corrections
Test Development and Support
• Develop written test questions for the plant and site Operations Excellence Model
• Manage Item Analysis processes such that testing is fair and accurate
• Creation of OEM Tests
• Update plants Learner Spreadsheets
• Manage test changes and corrections
• Assure accuracy of learner reports
• Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
• Coordinates the facilitator led trainings
• Coordinates site orientations
• Updating and creating of OEM procedure documentation
• Collects data for learning metrics and reports
• Proctoring of OEM Testing
• Assigns appropriate OEM tests to learners
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Ed Smits with questions, concerns, or email applications at email@example.com Why Kelly®?At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]
Category: Administrative/ Clerical