Barnes & Noble Lead Barista/Lead Café Server - Part-Time in Northville, Michigan
Lead Barista/Lead Café Server - Part-Time
MI - Northville - Livonia - 2648
Barnes & Noble is an innovator in publishing, retail, and digital media, including our award-winning NOOK® products and an expansive collection of digital reading and entertainment content. We welcome creative, dedicated, and service-oriented team members who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic community and helping it thrive. Whether your expertise is in retail, merchandising, publishing, marketing, technology, or finance, we have a place for you at Barnes & Noble.
As a Cafe Lead, you sell our products and deliver world-class customer service through your commitment to our four core service principles. You have a passion for what you do and enrich the customer's experience by sharing your expert product knowledge them and the store team. You serve as a mentor to other cafe servers, assist in the daily operations of the Cafe, and make the store experience interactive and engaging.
Auto req ID:
• Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles of the Cafe: provide timely and friendly Cafe service, upsell, maintain product presentation standards, and maintain Cafe cleanliness.
• Ensure exceptional product quality standards, using bake logs, completing prep sheets and waste logs, and working with the manager on duty to verify any necessary paperwork.
• Maintain Cafe cleanliness at all times, using the maintenance checklists to delegate and follow up on tasks throughout the day.
• Assist with the execution and compliance of Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards in partnership with the cafe manager.
• Prepare and serve drinks and food in accordance with health code and Cafe standards.
• Perform all opening and closing procedures and support tasks in accordance with Cafe standards.
• Protect company assets by ensuring the accurate execution of loss prevention procedures, including but not necessarily limited to the following; cashiering and inventory standards, monitoring waste logs and recording consumption, and adhering to discount and return policies.
• Help orient and train new cafe servers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
• Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
• You sell and share your product knowledge with customers and booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store.
• You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team and customers.
• You are able to speak with all customers and enjoy working with people.
• You are patient, tolerant, and effective at listening to and checking with others before acting.
• You are a cooperative team player who easily gains the trust and support of your peers.
• You continue to expand your specialized product knowledge. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
• You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
• You work in the Cafe, which requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting.
• Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
• You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.