Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Title: Program Manager III (Supervisor role)
Requisition Number: 23913
Job Category - Department: Engineering
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Travel Requirement: 30%
Work City: Novi
Work State: Michigan
Position Description: Responsible for managing group of non inter-related programs aligned to a strategic goal. Ensures programs are managed to compliance and company/customer standards. Manages allocation of internal and external resources to meet implementation demand signal. Provides regular and proactive communications to customers and Ryder Executive Management.
* Bachelors Degree required in Business/Engineering/Supply Chain/equivalent program or a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
* Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience in Project Management and 3-5 years in a Supervisor or Managerial role.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, attainment is required within 12 months in the position.
* Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
* Proficiency in MS Office including MS Project.
* Rapidly learns and applies new information/concepts in Project Management.
* Knowledge of Warehouse functions - industry, operation and management.
* Experience with Warehouse Management Installs is preferred.
* Expertise in retail industry is preferred.
* Supports business start-ups for large and complex programs.
* Provides guidance, leadership, and coaching to assigned staff.
* Develops department goals to maintain optimum efficiency.
* Provides input and performance goals.
* Implements strategic policy when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Monitors post implementation customer expectations and standards.
* Interacts with multiple levels including Executive Management within Ryder and Client organizations.