Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Primary Care Sales Representative II / Rochester, MI
Location: Americas-United States-Michigan-Rochester Hills
The Primary Care Sales Representative II is responsible for implementing the BIPI sales/marketing plan to assure maximum distribution and market penetration of BIPI and co-promoted products within BIPI guidelines, policies and directives. The Primary Care Sales Representative II will conduct their business with key targeted physicians, hospitals, pharmacies, etc.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintains and utilizes product knowledge and effective selling skills in order to influence targeted health care professionals to support the use of BIPI promoted products. Executes brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message. Establishes and maintains effective communication /cooperation/coordination with co-promotion partners and BIPI employees.
* Pre-call plans to meet health care professionals' (HCP) needs. Builds discussion around HCP's needs and opportunities. Has accurate and timely follow-up discussions with HCP. Fosters ongoing trust with HCP as relationship develops. Uses appropriate BIPI Sales Training techniques, including Advancing the Sale, to facilitate the HCP decision making process.
* Identifies top plans for HCP. Incorporates Managed Care message into each discussion with HCP. Generates and sustains support for products on MCO formularies. Builds a strong physician base to support Managed Care pull-through plans. Utilizes MCO treatment algorithms to influence HCP. Works with Managed Care Area Managers to generate and sustain support for products on MCO formularies.
* Analyzes territory information to optimize HCP calls. Monitors local market conditions for changes that impact business. Executes plans to maximize Speaker Programs. Utilizes VISTA and supporting analysis to plan activity, report and monitor sample and literature use, and maintain account and HCP records. Completes all administrative responsibilities as directed by management. Successfully completes all Sales Training requirements.
* Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain BIPI's excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
* Minimum 2 years successful performance required
* Minimum 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Pharmaceutical Sales experience preferred
* Respiratory, Diabetes and/or Cardiovasular experience preferred
* Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications.
* Ability to travel (may include up to 25% overnight travel).
* Should reside in territory geography or be willing to relocate. Experience in territory geography preferred
* Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.
* Authorization and ability to drive a Company leased vehicle or authorized rental vehicle.
* Qualified candidate will be hired at the appropriate level based on total number of years of sales and pharmaceutical experience.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background
* Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
* Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment background investigations and drug screenings.