Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Primary Accountability : Installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to
personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides onsite technical
advice and support to system users. Responsible for initial deployment and
delivery of new personal computing systems. Primary Duties &
Responsibilities 1) Prepares and delivers the hardware and software
needed to satisfy user requirements. 2) Installs hardware and peripheral
components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’
premises. 3) Loads appropriate software packages such as operating
systems, networking components and office applications. 4) Assists in the
customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
5) Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users. 6)
Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
7) Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or
users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication. 8) Refers major
hardware problems to service personnel for correction. 9) Connects users
to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications. 10)
Utilize mass deployment tools such as SMS or SCCM. 11) Assists in research and
procurement of computer accessories and supplies. 12) Performs other duties as
assigned. General Professional Development 1) Ability to prioritize work
and manage time; makes productive use of unassigned time.
2) Ability to complete assignments in the appropriate amount of time, meet
timelines and the supervisor’s and firm’s expectations.
3) Demonstrates ethical behavior in accordance with professional
standards. 4) Demonstrates critical
thinking and sound judgment in making decisions.
5) Demonstrates pattern of positive interactions with other associates.
6) Demonstrates professional image, maturity, self-confidence and positive
attitudes. Educational/Technical Development 1)
Possesses a Bachelors Degree with a major in information systems or a related
field, or with experience comparable to the level of knowledge gained through
this level of education. 2) Knowledge and expertise in systems
and technology demonstrated by completing certifications: A+, Network+,
Security+ and PIX Firewalls.
3) Advanced knowledge and expertise in systems and technology used at TRG
demonstrated by completion (and maintenance) of Microsoft Certified
Professional (MCP) program. 4) Able to use
Microsoft Word sufficiently to prepare correspondence and basic reports with
5) Able to use Microsoft Excel sufficiently to create tables and exhibits
in support of analyses, using formulas and appropriate formats.
6) Proficient in use of technology, including GoFileRoom, PRO System FX,
Engagement and other software used by the department.
7) Seeks out professional development opportunities, focusing on self-
identified strengths and weaknesses.
Communications Skills 1) Articulate in speech; communicates in a clear,
fact-based manner. 2)
Asks concise, targeted questions in order to fulfill objectives and task
completion. 3) Ensures other associates and
supervisors are informed of progress and project developments. 4) Writes
clearly, concisely and correctly when presenting findings in reports,
correspondence and technical memoranda.
5) Able to communicate detailed results in the context of the situation.
6) Able to clearly communicate technical information to a non-technical