Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Senior Software Developer – Data Integration-INF0003656
Senior Software Developer – Data Integration
About the General Motors Software Development team:
At GM IT we are geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals and aspirations of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Our Software Development team supports the creation and enhancement of some of the industry’s most innovative and complex systems. This team develops and delivers software solutions to GM customers, dealers, and employees across the globe. Members of this team include industry-leading developers, architects, and designers who use various innovative development methodologies and technologies to successfully deliver solutions, drive business results, and increase customer satisfaction.
About the role:
The Senior Software Developer solves technical problems and writes the actual code to build and support GM’s Enterprise Integration needs. This role is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Senior Software Developer understands ETL, EAI and SOA technology. The Senior Software Developer will lead a team of experienced developers and interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. The Senior Software Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. This role understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Senior Software Developer at GM.
- At least 7 years’ experience implementing integration solutions using IBM Sterling Commerce product-Sterling Commerce Managed File Transfer, Sterling File-gateway, Sterling Control Center Gateway
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of any of the aforementioned Sterling Commerce products
- Experience in installation and configuration of B2B messaging software
- Experience and deep understanding of ETL, EAI and B2B Messaging technology.
- Hands on experience with Web Service Security specifications, WS-Security, WS-Policy, SAML, etc.
- Masterful at XML, web services and relational databases (Oracle)
- Experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, waterfall, etc.)
- Experience is crafting detailed design specifications as well as test plans for unit and integration testing
- Experience in Unix/Linux scripting
- Understand SOX compliance
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in IT industry
- Demonstrated experience working with Sterling Commerce products in large complex enterprise
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical specifications and designs as well as estimate the amount of effort necessary to complete the tasks
- Proven track of record of designing and building complex solutions
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of US corporate business.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace
Posting Date: Jan 15, 2013, 2:46:31 PM - Ongoing