ProQuest Account Manager, Inside Sales in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Account Manager, Inside Sales
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Requisition Number: 2830
# of Openings: 1
Featured Careers Category:
ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Account Manager (Inside Sales)
What will I be doing?
Think about the last time that you opened the door of a Public Library and the incredible feeling you had stepping into a modern environment in the Digital Age. Libraries aren’t just for books anymore! As a successful inside sales person at ProQuest, you will become part of the talented group of professionals helping public libraries deliver technology and value to their patrons.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director right here in Ann Arbor, you’ll join up with local colleagues and teams in the field to encourage subscription renewals and grow your assigned territory year over year. As a part of this close-knit group you will help libraries thrive by proposing technical solutions to some of today’s most challenging problems.
If you’re driven to provide solutions, deliver value, and make a good living doing it, keep reading! This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for…
In this position, you will also...
• Own the assigned territory and individual account plan coordination
• Focus on new and renewal business as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account
• Lead RFP coordination and development
• Manage full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content
• Maintain a good working knowledge of products especially in core content
• Lead content demonstrations, engaging product specialists for product-specific demonstrations.
• Ensure account plan is making progress and is aligned to other objectives in the account.
• Manage the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
• Ensure client satisfaction; relying on product specialists to drive specialty product issues
Reasons you should apply...
You enjoy the comradery of a close-knit team
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you love being accountable for your own success
You have a passion for consultative selling and customer service
You love libraries!!
This job may not be a fit if...
You prefer to work at your own pace and fast-paced environments sound unfriendly and un-fun
The words “Quota” and “Sales Target” make your skin crawl!
You prefer to connect with people ‘face to face’ and not, ‘screen to screen’.
The thought of using Excel and creating pivot tables brings on cold sweats and severe anxiety.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree plus 5 years’ related experience as a sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
• Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
• Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value propositions
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest value proposition.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you take pride in your work and enjoy being compensated for your talent, please consider joining our dedicated team!!