Continental Corporation Software Test Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
About Continental With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 238,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €9.8 billion in 2017.
Auto req ID 89735BR
Job Title Software Test Engineer
Country United States
Posting Location Auburn Hills, MI
The Software Test Engineer will plan and execute the necessary tests to verify implementation of embedded software changes which are necessary for the release of an embedded software product. Software tests are performed on a software bench consisting of the electronic control unit, peripherals and communication interface.
- Prioritize SW test activities and consolidate them with the software release schedule
- Write a software test specification based on the product requirements
- Create Scripts to automate SW tests
- Perform manual/automated SW tests according to SW test specification
- Document test results, analyze them and report open issues
- Work with internal and external suppliers/customers to elicit test requirements and manage deliverables
- Participate in Engineering and Product Development meetings
- Provide support to Vehicle application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans
- Prepare and present responses to action items
• Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience in active safety electronic systems or other safety electronic products is a plus
• Proficiency with CANalyzer and CAPL scripting is a plus
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Basic knowledge about the Product Life Cycle
• Basic requirements engineering skills
• Willingness to travel (<10% of the time) to support knowledge transfer and global coordination of activities
•Knowledge in Ethernet and CAN technologies
•Experience in Automotive Electronics
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.