Ford Motor Company Subsystem Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) Engineer in Dearborn, Michigan
Subsystem Hardware-In-The-Loop (HIL) Engineer
Job Description & Qualifications:
Job Description & Qualifications
The Subsystem HIL Engineer is responsible for delivering a stable and representative test environment to perform automated testing and functional integration of distributed features.
• Main interface between test design and test environment roles to identify system boundaries and define requirements for simulator I/O, instrumentation and automation solutions
• Leads tradeoff analysis of test requirements vs test environment capabilities to define test scope and instrumentation strategies
• Collaborates with core engineers, suppliers, feature experts and test environment engineers to design and implement new instrumentation and automation solutions and troubleshoot existing ones
• Reviews vehicle components electrical schematics and functional specifications to define instrumentation, interface points and automation solutions
• Translates functional requirements from test design engineers into hardware and signal requirements for implementation in the test environment
• Validates and troubleshoots simulator and automation solutions implementation
• Troubleshoots vehicle systems and test environment functionality to minimize false positive incident reports
• Designs vehicle variant management solutions and contributes in the design of automation solutions
• Leads continuous process improvements to expand automated testing scope, improve reliability and optimize execution
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products – and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
Auto req ID:
Ford Motor Company