Stryker Associate Repair Technician, 1st Shift (6am-2:30pm -H) in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Requisition ID 29995BR
Job Title Associate Repair Technician, 1st Shift (6am-2:30pm -H)
Group MedSurg and Neurotech
Business Unit World Wide Service
Business Function Installation Maintenance and Repair
Country United States
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required None
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
Under little to no supervision, builds, repairs, and/or tests a wide range of electrical/electronic, and/or precision mechanical equipment in a bench work station environment.
• Will repair, and test a variety of new and older products using standard and/or non-standard tools, equipment and
• Will work from engineering schematics and/or follow documented assembly procedures.
• May work from verbal instructions.
• Will work on precision repairs involving a considerable number of details and independent judgement.
• Will be required to comply with documentation procedures.
• Will be able to clean product thoroughly.
• Will learn and follow proper IPC soldering technique
• Will follow all Guidance documents and Task Instructions.
• Follow proper Electro Static Discharge and Loctite application procedures.
• Must be able to follow and explain detailed instructions and inspection procedures.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies.
• Must be able to analyze and correct routine product issues using standard procedures.
• Must be able to communicate non-routine, complex problems or defects.
• Must be able to ADAPT positively to change, and manage stressful situations
• Excellent written/verbal communication (especially given the tech comment expectations for FAP).
• Sharp attention to detail.
• Interest in understanding the metrics that run the Service Business (preferred).
• High integrity.
• Ability to identify and communicate opportunities regarding process improvements
• Must be self motivated, able to thrive in a team environment and working individually.
• Positive and upbeat demeanor.
Qualifications/Work Experience Preferred:
• Basic writing skills.
• Blueprint/schematic reading.
• Ability to operate small hand tools (e.g.pliers, screwdriver, hammer, wrench, etc.) Power tools, and test equipment.
• Basic math and measuring skills.
• Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem solving.
• Ability to trouble shoots complex product problems using independent judgement.
• Understanding of various complex product repairs.
• Previous experience in-group problem solving.
• Previous manufacturing experience preferred but not required
Education/Special Training Required:
• High School Diploma or GED
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability