Dow Chemical Instrument and Electrical Designer in Midland, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Companyhas aLead Instrument and Electrical Designerposition available inMidland, MI. This role will support plant engineering and small-intermediate capital projects with in the engineering organization servicing Midland, MI, site and Business Aligned Sites.
The incumbent is expected to handle a variety of projects independently and take the lead instrument and electrical design role.
• Work from complex, less defined notes, rough sketches, or schematics to develop engineering concepts into visual designs.
• Specifies dimensions and other data for layout and/or detailing by designers
• Develops and lay out original drawings.
• Make revisions and adjustments to design as directed by the discipline engineer(s) and other designers.
• Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision from senior designers and discipline engineer(s)
• Verify and validate field data and measurements to meet project requirements
• Responsible for drawing layouts and supporting construction specification package
• Expected to interact with other engineering disciplines on multidiscipline project teams
• Frequent contact with construction contractors to resolve design and construction issues
• Plans and organizes tasks and activities to meet project schedules
• Active participation in P&ID reviews, team checks, site inspections, and progress meetings.
• Proficient working knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), Most Effective Technology (EMETL)
• Proficient knowledge to ensure proper Instrument and Electrical installation.
• Capable of reviewing submittal drawings from vendors and specialty contractors
o Proficient at directing and coordinating the works of lower level designers.
o Communicate to discipline engineer(s) the status/progress of projects/assignments.
o Coaching/Mentoring of lower level designers.
o Proficient knowledge of reading P&ID’s and transferring to Instrument and Electrical design.
o Capable of working in 3-D model as required.
o Proficient at writing Job Specification Sections
o Demonstrates knowledge of Dow Approved Manufacturers Suppliers List (AM/SL) and able to write Material Specification Transmittal (MST’s) for Dow contracted material
o Proficient ability to accurately estimate time required for completion of projects.
o Demonstrates knowledge to submit/write project Project Deviation Notice (PDN’s).
o Demonstrates knowledge to write Quality Service and Product Performance (QSPP’s).
o Proficient at generating Instrument Schedule, & Specifications
o Learn INTOOLS methodology & functionality and provide mentoring to others.
o Demonstrates ability to generate equipment specification for review by Engineer.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Must be willing and able to work in such environments wearing safety equipment, such as respirators, earplugs, goggles, and steel-toed shoes.
• Must be willing and able to work in such environments with frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
• Must be willing and able to work in such environments working in tight or closed-in spaces.
• Must be willing and able to climb stairs/ladders and working high off the ground.
• Must be willing and able to stand or walk for extended periods of time.
• Must have a current, valid US driver’s license
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED is required.
• Associate’s degree and/or 4 years military experience
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
Instrument and Electrical Designer