Cosma International Systems Development Analyst in Troy, Michigan
As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world - Magna International is committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
The Systems Development Analyst will work closely with the Powertrain group and all other Magna groups to ensure the proper tools and enhancements needed are delivered on time and fulfill their needs.
- Key contributor/lead in developing and implementing a proprietary sales & forecast and a Quoting/Opportunity Tracking system that will be used initially in the Powertrain Group and then rolled out throughout the organization and integrated into all existing Magna systems
- Analyzes global powertrain trends (both engine and transmission) and provide input to Senior Management (Magna, Powertrain, and other Groups supplying product to engine, transmission and driveline)
- Gathers and analyzes automotive industry competitive intelligence utilizing both primary and secondary research, focusing on engine and transmission details and specifications and the emerging technologies in hybrid powertrains
- Assists in the development and production of Powertrain forecasts and reports
- Interacts with internal Magna groups, including completing requests, presenting analysis and intelligence sharing
- Works closely with Powertrain Finance, Sales and Business Development teams to ensure accuracy in forecasts
- Leads the review in Business planning and forecasts
- Ensures forecast assumptions are clearly documented and understood by the team
- Responsible in maintaining and enhancing other key tools such as the Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Esri (Global Mapping Tool), Global Facilities Database and Power BI
- Ability to lead and understand system development
- Other analysis and reporting requirements as needed
Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor's degree required with preference given to those with an engineering or finance degree.
- Minimum eight years automotive industry experience
Skills and Competencies
- A passion for the automotive industry and specifically vehicle powertrain technology
- Initiative based, personally driven performer with excellent communication skills
- Must be team oriented
- Experience in automotive industry trend analysis, competitive intelligence gathering, quoting, sales forecasting, predictive analysis and system development
- Proficient in the full MS Office Suite: with expertise in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Services of America
Job Type: Regular