Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Help Desk Support Specialist in Warren, Michigan
Help Desk Support Specialist
Full Time / Part-Time
HELP DESK SUPPORT SPECIALISTS (NECDA-18-0360-W):
Bowhead seeks multiple Help Desk Support Specialists (Associate, Intermediate and/or Senior) to support The Network Enterprise Center (NEC) for Detroit Arsenal (NEC-DA) requires Command, Control, Communication, and Computer Information Technology (C4/IT) Enterprise
Management Services support at Detroit Arsenal in Warren, Michigan. The NEC-DA is located on the Detroit Arsenal Installation and C4IM support is a key component affecting the readiness and sustainability of critical Department of Defense (DoD) and other tenant
activities across the installation. We are now accepting applications from experienced Help Desk Support Services Specialists from Associate to Senior level.
The Help Desk Support Specialists will be responsible for providing Tier Two support to end-users for PC, server and hardware. In this role, the Help Desk Support Specialist will handle escalated issues from Tier One Specialists that were unable to be resolved,
such as network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify core problems. The Help Desk Support Specialist will simulate user problems to resolve issues, recommend systems modifications to reduce
user problems and must maintain current technical level knowledge in this field of expertise.
Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply. Please contact Manda Freeman at Amanda.email@example.com
• High School diploma or GED certificate PLUS ten (10) years related experience OR Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or Science PLUS Five (5) years related experience
• Requires a combination of education and certifications consistent with industry standards for the above referenced position
• Desktop System Administrator shall provide Embedded Desktop System Administrator support, including on-site desktop support services to support the Detroit Arsenal tenants in performing hardware support, software support, and system administration. Have the
following Baseline Security Certifications:
• CompTIA Security+ with (CE) or CompTIA Network+ with (CE)
• Have the following Computing Environment Certifications: CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows 10.
• Privileged User IA Responsibilities Training (iatraining.us.army.mil)
• Shall be proficient in Microsoft Workstation Operating System platforms and Microsoft Office applications current and future inventory as approved by DISA, other standard systems, and software used by Detroit Arsenal NEC customers. The Contractor shall take
technical IA guidance and daily workload direction from the COR and reside in Mission tenant areas; Secret Security Clearance IAM II IA Certification
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Previous experience at CIO G6 is highly desired
• Prior experience at Detroit Arsenal (in similar position), highly desired
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold and be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Cut/Paste this Link to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41